Fancy a career with Interlink Lighting & Electrical? We recognise that our highly competent, committed staff are the key to our growth and long-term success.
We have a reputation for spotting talent and pride ourselves on offering long-term career opportunities for our office and field engineers.
You will find our current vacancies below. If you do not see a suitable vacancy for you at the moment, you may register your details with us by clicking on ‘Submit your CV’ and you could spark our interest in you as a future member of our team.
MAINTENANCE ELECTRICIANS – Glasgow & Edinburgh/East Coast
Working with a diverse client and property portfolio throughout Scotland and, at times, England, the candidate will be responsible for the safe and efficient installation, maintenance & testing of all aspects of lighting & electrical systems.
Main duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to: –
- Undertake refurbishment & installation works of all aspects of electrical services, including electrical switchgear, distribution boards, mains and sub- mains cabling, containment, lighting and other electrical equipment.
- To have knowledge of inspection and testing procedures and certify works upon completion in accordance with relevant certification.
- To undertake reactive and planned service works ensuring client expectations are met.
- Provide detailed survey reports of required works including breakdown processes, hours and materials of works to allow for accurate costing of works.
- To provide a professional service and represent the company in a way which ensures customer satisfaction.
- To take a pro-active approach to client liaison and ensure that concerns are dealt with or relayed to management as necessary.
- To be fully aware of contractual requirements and customer needs at all times.
Health and Safety
- Working in a safe manner at all times, complying with current Health & Safety legislation and the Company H&S policy.
- To ensure equipment and surrounding area conform to agreed company Health, safety and quality standards and that works are delivered in accordance with risk a
- Ensuring risk assessments, method statements and tool box talks are completed as required.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Electrician SVQ level 3
- City & Guilds 2391, (2394/2395)
- 17th Edition
- Recognised Apprenticeship
- Approved Health & Safety Assessment
- PASMA – preferable but not compulsory
- IPAF Types 1a, 3a & 3b – preferable but not compulsory
- Previous experience working within projects / minor works environment.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Customer focussed individual with proactive approach to working.
- Ability to work on own initiative and or as part of a team.
- Ability to work safely at all times and the ability to understand contract and Health & Safety requirements/regulations.
- To attempt to solve issues in the first instance in a manner that will not put the client’s products or people at risk.
- Possess effective communication skills with ability to write technical reports and or communicate verbally with colleagues and client representatives.
- Ability to use electronic hand held devices.
- Ability to identify issues or risks that require escalation as necessary to Manager.
Additionally this role will require Disclosure Scotland Clearance. It would be advantageous to have knowledge of installation, maintenance and repairs on a variety of other systems including door entry systems, fire alarm systems and data systems.
Hours and Environment
Salary is competitive & negotiable at an interview.
Permanent – 37.5 hours per week plus overtime plus other Company benefits.
Company uniform, mobile telephone & van with relevant stocks will be provided.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small but busy client focused company with an extensive client base where no 2 days are the same.
For the right candidate, this a long term opportunity for a candidate looking for secure employment within growing Company that offers a competitive salary with additional benefits.
If you think you have the skills and experience to undertake this role then please complete the form to apply with your CV, or
Due to the volumes of applications, only candidates successful for an interview will be contacted.
***STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE ***